Friday, May 23, 2008

The Countdowns....

I am counting down to many things. First, the end of school. I have 4 days (not counting today) left at Jordan. 2 class days and 2 grant days. :-) Technically, there are 2 weeks of school left, but because of my third countdown, I only have four days. HAHAHAHAHA. I laugh at everyone who has to stay for the last week! :-)

Second, the end of the ESL class from HECK. I have only 2 more classes. Technically, I should only have 1 more class and then questions to answer 'online', but, for reasons I will never understand, we are having an "in-person" class next Thursday. We are doing show and tell. I am not making this up. We are supposed to bring something that represents ourselves as a 'teacher and as a learner' and then we will all 'share'. Why, you ask? I don't know. But, we have to be there because show and tell is now worth 100 points. LAME. I am bringing Diet Coke. I am also not making that up. I am going to say, "Diet Coke, or more specifically the caffeine in Diet Coke, got me through graduate school so that I can teach...ergo-Me as a learner and as a teacher!" Do you think I'll get all 100 points?

Anyway, on to number 3: the AP reading. I fly out 1 week from Sunday. All week long I have been getting friendly little emails from the AP people. "Don't forget your social security card for the I-9!" "Bring a sweater! The reading room is quite chilly!" "Would you like to come on a tour of Rocky Mountain State Park?" and so on and so on. It should be quite interesting. 9 days!

And finally, the countdown to the official and permanent move to Arizona! This is a little longer, but nevertheless, I am still counting down. There are 18 days. Woohoo! Just a little more than 2 weeks! I have a couple of job interviews in the next few days, so hopefully by the time I get down there I will be gainfully employed! YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: