Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Scheduling Nightmares

This weekend I got a phone call about a job I applied for in Phoenix (yippee!). Tragically, the interview must be 'in person' and it must be THIS WEEK. She wanted to do the interview Wednesday at 8 am. This, as you can imagine is a small problem because A-I will be teaching Debate Wednesday at 8 am and B-I am in UTAH. We discussed this problem at length, trying to find a solution. 20 minutes on the phone with the very nice woman arranging the interview and I am officially being interviewed on Friday at 5. This means that I will come to school on Friday, teach for 1/2 a day, leave for the airport at 1pm. Fly out to Phoenix at 3 pm our time, arrive in Phoenix at 3:45 Arizona time. Interview at 5 pm. Spend Saturday with Isaac (Yippee!).

This then creates another smallish problem. I am supposed to be flying to DENVER on SUNDAY from SALT LAKE. So, another 20 minute phone call with the travel agency arranging the flights for the AP Reading. Flight changed from SLC to Phoenix, leaving at 8 in the morning Sunday. Arrive in Denver at 11:30. Wait for the shuttle an indeterminate amount of time. Take shuttle 1.5 hours to Fort Collins and Colorado State University. Arrive at CSU. Check in for AP Reading. Spend the week reading essays. Fly to SLC on the following Monday, June 9th. Doctor's appointment on June 10th. Fly to Phoenix on June 11th. Sigh.

Notice that no where in this schedule have I mentioned my 3.5 hour ESL class on Tuesday AND Thursday, nor have I included time to do my assignments for said ESL class, pack up my classroom, pack clothes to last for 10 days, find a couple books to read whilst in Denver and NOT reading essays, finalize my grades, turn in all my equipment or check out in the main office with the lovely secretaries/Vice Principals. All before Friday at 1pm.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

You are too busy!!! Have fun in Arizona and good luck with your interview!

Anna said...

Yeah, good luck with all that!!! :) It was great to see you the other day. I don't suppose you have time to schedule a lunch with Krystal and me do you? :)

Emily said...

Holy craziness! Good luck! Hope it works out!