Thursday, September 11, 2008

Musings...

Today it was only 97 degrees. That's right. The temperature did not break 100. Wonder of Wonders, Miracle of Miracles.

In other news...I made granola. Be impressed. I used to really like the Costco granola. Crunchy, fruity goodness. Tragically, they had to go and CHANGE the granola. The yummy dried cherries were replaced with...dried blueberries. YUCK. And, rather than keeping the yummy,crunchy sunflower seeds, they added....pumpkin seeds. Double YUCK. And to top it off, we decided not to renew our Costco membership (the lack of good granola was a significant deciding factor). So, I have been granola-less for many moons now. BUT-it occured to me that granola is simply oats mixed with some honey, butter, nuts and fruity goodness. I can do that. So I did. It was a little crumblier than I was hoping (note to self: more honey, less butter) but it tastes yummy. And, I only put in things I like. So there, Costco. Who needs your yucky old granola anyway!

In other, other news...I have decided to run for president. That's right. Erin for President 2020! There are many reasons for this, but mostly I have decided that the only way to be sure something is done right is to do it yourself, so that's exactly what I am going to do. So, VOTE ERIN! The campaign fund is also currently accepting donations. Please contact the ERIN FOR PRESIDENT committee for details. Between now and then I plan to become a "community organizer "(note to self: find out what that means), mayor of an insignificant small town in rural Nebraska (bonus points because Nebraska has never had a presidental candidate), a Senator (but, no worries, I will be certain to make sure I spend more than 2/3rds of my time as the people's representative campaigning for President-have to be sure to use my taxpayer financed $250,000 salary to NOT do my job), in my role as Senator I will also propose the most useless and ill advised immigration reform legislation in the history of mankind (this, apparently, means I am 'for change') and I will loudly and passionately decry the qualifications of my opponents, only to (OF COURSE!) turn around and say wonderful, glowing things about those opponents when it becomes politically expedient and I need to find a VP. Don't forget: VOTE ERIN 2020!

9 comments:

Morgan Hagey said...

I thought I was to be your VP... so of course I'll vote for you.

First order of business upon being elected: Change title from "Mrs. president" to "QUeen of the Universe"

Erin said...

Of course! Didn't I mention that?

Alisa said...

We should trade thermometers... mine said 102. But I was still very happy about it and spent time outside. And I have a really good granola recipe if you ever wanted to try it. I'll vote for you too!

BloggingBills said...

Hold on why does Morgan get to be your VP??? Then I get to be Secretary of State... Condolisa Rice will look like a preschool teacher after I have been the Secretary of State. Or can I be the Education Secretary. Some sort of cabinet position and not a stupid one... like Health and Human Services, or Agriculture, or Government Service. Are you taking notes cause you probably should be...

Erin said...

Duly noted.

BloggingBills said...

Ummm This is Caleb speaking...pretty much politics suck so Erin im going to vote for you, but only if you make these the goals of your campaign... 1st all people who say stupid comments about the government without evidence to back it up will be shipped to Mexico. 2nd all those who complain about the government but didnt vote will be shipped to Mexico. 3rd all those in this country illegally from Mexico will be shipped to Spain so they cant do it again. Thanks for your time Mrs. President. How does Isaac feel about the 1st gentlemen title? And are you coming this weekend to St. George?

Kristina Rich said...

You forgot... while you are in the senate, you will spend the time you were supposed to be doing something, writing 2 books about yourself. Oh yes, and be as disrespectful as possible to the country you hope to lead and have ties to terroirsts. Those are great qualiifications if I do say so myself. sorry, I had to add my 2 cents. this a fabulous post!

Alice said...

You have my vote. Do you remember what kind of spider repeller you had?

The Nelsen Family: said...

Hehe, I love it. I'll so vote for you!