Thursday, April 10, 2008

I am a Loser!

So, earlier I posted about my participation in my school's "Biggest Loser Faculty Challenge." I, after doing nothing for the first 2 weeks, finally got into the whole thing and actually lost 10 pounds. Which, ta da!, was good enough for second place! That's right folks, when push comes to shove (and there is a significant monetary incentive) I can choose not to eat french fries! :-) I am now $100 dollars richer and 10 lbs. lighter. Go me. I may have to beat up our ceramics teacher who lost like 18 pounds, but I think I'll wait until he's not looking and then beat him with sticks. He's still way bigger than me! I am glad that the weather is beginning to cooperate so that I can be outside more-I think this will help the on-going efforts to get back in shape.
In totally unrelated news, Isaac started flying again yesterday and, despite the fact that flying planes is way, way, way different than flying helicopters, had a good time. He didn't get to fly for long, but after next week will be flying for a couple of hours everyday. SO FUN!

3 comments:

Anna said...

Congratulations Erin!! That is a very exciting post all around. I'd take that $100 and buy new clothes!!

Erin said...

You read my mind! I now have a few new shirts (that actually fit!) and 2 new pairs of shoes. I love sales at the mall! :-)

Morgan Hagey said...

YAY!