Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thursday

Today is Thursday. I say this like you don't know that it is Thursday. The fact that I am sure you know it is Thursday is irrelevant. I just typed that and realized that it sounded like I was talking to a class full of kindergarteners. "Okay, class, today is....THURSDAY!" At which declaration the little ones will cheer and clap. I do no cheer and clap on Thursday. I should, being that it is so very close to Friday, but I don't. I actually have never been much of a cheering or clapping kind of person. I find clapping to be rather abrupt. Arghh... I have gotten entirely sidetracked. The point of starting with the fact that it is now Thursday was to point out that this week is offically five days old and I have not done a single productive thing in any of those five days. I have taken absurdly long naps in the middle of the afternoon, but have accomplished very little. I have stabbed my poor pointer finger on my left hand while trying to rip out a seam in a quilt block, gotten frustrated and have not returned to aforementioned quilt block since Monday. I have (as is now apparent) typed long, rather rambling blog posts. But, have I graded any of the 15 stacks of paper now sitting on my counter? No. Have I entered any of the receipts from our trip to Phoenix into our budget software like I was supposed to do a week ago? No. (This is one of a growing list of tasks, normally done by Isaac, that make me miss him terribly and so I have put off indefinitely.) Have I called the vet to make an appointment for Clancy to get his rabies shot so I can call the dog groomer and make an appointment for him to have a bath? No. I have done nothing. And the biggest problem of all with the 'doing nothing' is that I really don't care. Not enough to do something, at least. I have rather enjoyed being uncharacteristically unproductive. Perhaps I will embrace total laziness as a new 'alternative' lifestyle.

6 comments:

Emily said...

I just wanted to say that while I haven't seen you in a long time, and really never knew you THAT super well when you lived with Maren, I laugh reading your blog posts because I actually can HEAR your voice saying them. And you make me laugh. So thank you. :)

Alice said...

Erin- do not feel guilty one bit. I too am being lazy of late. All I want to do it watch TV and eat Ho Hos. I do not think that makes us bad people. I think the winter has been much too long and I can't change now. SIGH. Come play with me on Friday? It is burger friday.

Morgan Hagey said...

I'm sorry you miss your man. :( Get up and do, you'll feel better.

Erin said...

Emily-Hello! It is always nice to read your comments (especially when they are complimentary!:-)) Thanks for visiting!
Alice-I appreciate the encouragement!:-) I am looking forward to burger night!
Morgan-Logically I am totally with you. However motiviation is a real problem!:-)

The Wolford Family said...

Hi Nae!!! I know how it feels to not want to get things done. I feel like that about laundry!! It will get better when the weather is better!
Sarah

BloggingBills said...

I completely agree with your decision to do nothing. Mostly because it makes my guilt smaller for not doing anything. Like the 4 assignments due at 10:00 pm tonight, or studying for finals, packing my room, finding a job. See we can be slackers together.