Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sunny Arizona

Hello from sunny Arizona! And by sunny I mean, of course, blazing hot! We are officially Arizona residents now! (We even have the driver's licenses to prove it!). It is nice to be getting settled and moving forward.
In the last 2 days, I've had 3 job interviews and a call about a 4th! This is very good news, but also more than just a little busy and stressful. Any one of these jobs would be great-I am looking forward to hearing from people starting next week. Hopefully at least 1 will come through. :-)
Isaac and I are speaking in church on Sunday. What an introduction to the ward! This is a little unfortunate for me-I haven't spoken in church for 7 years! That's quite a stretch and one I was not overly eager to end. But, on Sunday, Isaac and I will be speaking all about fathers and so the "no talks in church" marathon will come to an end! I guess it's a good way to introduce Isaac and I. Although, he's been in the ward for a couple of months now so they all know him. :-)
In totally unrelated news-look at Morgan's blog for some fairly scary pictures of the aftermath of the tornado that went through her little city in Kansas. She and the family are just fine, but those pictures sure remind me of all the things I don't miss about living in tornado country!
Sometime in the relatively near future, I hope to finally post a few pictures of the apartment. As soon as the boxes are all off the floor! :-)

2 comments:

The Nelsen Family: said...

Seven years without speaking in church? What's your secret? I've spoken in every ward I've ever been in (a whopping 7, but still).

Anyway, good luck with the job process!

Emily said...

You lucky dogs! Speaking in church! I'm so glad Ben is in charge of the speakin assignments in our ward. So glad you're finally BOTH in AZ! Good luck with the job search.