Friday, January 9, 2009

Most Embarrassing Moment...

Before I share this story, I must preface it with this fact: I have NEVER been more tired than I have been this week. Today especially. I was literally falling asleep while standing up today. Now that you know that...be kind. Don't judge too harshly! And now...our feature presentation:

ERIN'S MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT. EVER.

Today, when the alarm went off, I thought "Why did Isaac set the alarm for 1 in the morning? Did he think that would be funny?!" Then I looked at the clock. It was not 1 in the morning, it was 6:00. Time to get up. Already? It felt like I had not slept at all. I stumbled towards the closet and rummaged through my clothes. I barely remembered that I was meant to film on the green screen today and so I grabbed my grey sweater. Apparently, floating heads frighten the clients, so I had to wear something that wasn't green. Sigh. Why do things have to be so complicated?!
I put the sweater on, and because I was still cold I covered it with a giant hoodie. Picture Erin looking very much like a refugee, stumbling around her house wearing Isaac's giant hoodie. Now, fast forward to Erin's arrival at work.
Upon arrival, despite still feeling very groggy and cold, I removed the giant hoodie and sat at my desk. For some reason (divine intervention) I looked down at my sweater. My brain, working at about 1/8th of it's usual speed, eventually registered that something was wrong with the sweater. Something is wrong, but what? As my brain struggled to figure out what the problem was I decided to take my lunch to the kitchen to put it in the fridge. As I rose from my desk, it hit me. MY SWEATER WAS INSIDE OUT. That's right. I had arrived at work with my SWEATER INSIDE OUT.Not only that, but it's this argyle sweater/shirt combo; so there are seams everywhere. The backs of buttons and button holes are showing. You can bet your bippy I put that hoodie right back on and hightailed it to bathroom to correct the problem. I have no idea how many people saw me before I trucked it to the bathroom. It was early. No one saw. Right? RIGHT?

7 comments:

The Wolford Family said...

I have to say that's not bad at all!!! Did you ever offer to help a DOCTOR with first aid on himself???? See a insode out sweater is NOTHING!!!!

BloggingBills said...

Erin you're so funny! Love ya lots,
Dad

Morgan Hagey said...

Yeah, that's kind of sad. Sorry darling.

Alisa said...

Cute! I think it's hilarious. Plus I like the phrase, "you can bet your bippy."

BloggingBills said...

That's not embarassing. Going to the police station to retrieve your stolen radar detector: that's embarassing.

MA

Brian and Kelsey said...

I really was expecting like that you hadn't put on the sweater or something... LOL
Love ya lots

Teri Harman said...

Classic. Don't you love what a lack of sleep does to your life? Hope you got some rest so as not to repeat the event.
Teri