Thursday, January 15, 2009

Some People's Children...

All this week at work, we have been blessed (cough, cough) with the presence of our major investors. This is a good thing (investors=money for the company, etc...) and a bad thing (everyone is in a craptacular mood from trying so hard to impress them). I have to say, I was not impressed by them. You would think wealthy, successful business people would have some class. You would be wrong. Today, whilst sitting at my desk, minding my own business, I was blessed to overhear a lengthy, loud and rather detailed discussion of favorite STRIP CLUBS in Canada. That's right. A group of men decided that the WORK PLACE was a great place to discuss their strip club prediliction. Sigh.
My cube mate and I were torn. Do we say something ("Ummm, Mr. Investor men, I know that you basically ensure I have a job and all that, but you are so disgusting. Could you move that conversation elsewhere? Like to Siberia?") or not? In the end we opted for passive aggression: I turned up my radio. It was playing piano arrangements of hymns. Take THAT investor men!
Not too much later, they moved on. I like to think my subtle hint did the trick...

7 comments:

Morgan Hagey said...

Ohhh, too bad they are your bosses... gross.

The Wolford Family said...

Well I think you should have joined in the converstion and offer your opinion of the best strip joints in Canda. I know you don't know any but I would have just BS'd it!!!

Brian and Kelsey said...

Gotta love what hymns do to people whether they like it or not!

Alisa said...

That made me laugh out loud...not to say that it was not a difficult situation. Just your talent of writing it. I hope they enjoyed the hymns!

BloggingBills said...

Ugh! I agree with Sarah-- make up a place like Chippendale's in Alberta and tell how you put a dollar bill (hey, it was an American dollar....) well...you get the point....

BloggingBills said...

I noticed your masthead no longer says... "and a mastiff". ANytime you want to come get your dog.....-

Brian and Kelsey said...

ERIN!
FOR BEING THE SISTER WHO IS:
A) The furthest away
B) Least likely to answer her phone
C) We see the least of
YOU DO NOT DO NEARLY ENOUGH BLOGGING!!!!! We need to work on this.
Love
Kelsey