Sunday, April 19, 2009

My New Toy

Remember how, a little while ago I posted about a fabulous quilting/sewing/embroidery machine? And, remember how I said it was super expensive, so it might take me a year to save for it?
WELL. I have a fantastic husband and we talked about it and he convinced me to get it now! We had been saving for a couple other things and we put those off for a little longer and so now I have my new toy!



And, even Isaac has gotten excited about it! He's decided he is going to sew a shirt. He's started:



All he has left to do is sew all the pieces together!

Anyway, as you can probably guess, I've gotten very little done this week, except a whole lot of sewing.

9 comments:

Morgan Hagey said...

Ohhh, pretty. I want one.

April said...

I love it! Now all you guys need to do is move closer. I am trying to find a job for Isaac that is close to us. Nothing yet.

McEuens said...

How fun! What a sweet husband to get you something like that. Now I'm just waiting on the boy triplets. Tell Isaac to get crackin'! ;)

The Nelsen Family: said...

Oooooh, schmancy! That looks fun. What a nice hubby. :)

BloggingBills said...

Whoa Erin, I'm not used to so much blogging from you...Let me catch my breath... OK, well you have loads of fun with your new toy and teach Isaac how to sew! Love to all!
-dad

BloggingBills said...

You are a total geek! But I love you both and am totally jealous!

Erin said...

Yes, mom, I am a geek. But I am a geek with a quilting machine. :-)
April: Thanks for looking; we can use all the help we can get!
And, yes, the husband is indeed fantastic. :-)

BloggingBills said...

I'm jealous of the quilting machine, because I have 2 quilts from your great grandmother that need to be quilted and I just can't get to them.
Maybe if you'd do it for me......?
MA

Emily said...

So... I'm thinking about getting a new sewing machine and wondered what you were looking for and how you like this one. Mine is fine for basic stuff but I got really frustrated when I tried to quilt on it. (A proper foot would have probably helped, but still.) And trying to sew through terrycloth like when I'm making hooded baby towels is... really frustrating. Anyway, just curious how your projects are coming along with the machine. :)