Friday, August 28, 2009

Dear Visitors From New Zealand,

I am soooo excited that you are here! Why? Because, for years I have been plagued by a question that only a New Zealand-er can answer. It is on my mind all.the.time...Well, okay. Maybe not all of the time, but frequently.

You see, several years ago, I had a discussion with my friend Harmony and she insisted that "real" New Zealand-ers eat a kiwi with the skin on. My response? EWWWWWWWWW. But, she was insistant. So, for years I have wondered, "Could this be true?! Wouldn't that be a little like eating a squishy, furry, scratchy ball of ick?" And, I haven't been able to acertain the validity of her claim because, while I know people who have been to New Zealand, I don't know a single person from New Zealand. Being actually from New Zealand is important because what if this whole "skin on" stuff is just something real New Zealand-er's tell foreigners because it's funny to watch them try to eat the kind of furry, but also scratchy, skin? Like a "Welcome to New Zealand" hazing ritual for newly arrived exchange students?

So, visitors from New Zealand, even though you are really searching for information about the Janome 6600 sewing machine, could you help me out?

The Kiwi. Skin on or skin off?

Your secret's safe with me,
Erin

3 comments:

Alice said...

I always eat kiwi with the skins on. This is weird? I like the new look of the blog. Way to go Erin.

BloggingBills said...

Where did the visitors from New Zealand come from? Are they blogging you? Are they flesh and blood or electrons?

MA

Erin said...

Oh, they are blog visitors. For the past couple of weeks my global tracker thing had 1 or 2 visitors from NZ. Now, as soon as I need their help? nothing. Not one. This is the story of my life. :-)
Alice-you really eat the skin? Isn't it scratchy?