Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Those Poor Balloons...

Today, I had the following conversation over IM with a co-worker:

Erin: Have you ever been to the Balloon Fiesta in New Mexico?
Co-Worker: The what?
Erin: I'll take that as a no. Here's the link
Co-Worker (after looking at the link): WHAT IS THAT!? What do you do with those?! Do you RIDE in those?!
Erin: Ummm...I don't, but some people do. Have you never heard of a hot air balloon?!
Co-Worker: I've heard of them, but I don't think I've ever seen one before!
Erin: Did you grow up under a ROCK?!
Co-Worker: Don't mock me because I am foreign.
Erin: I don't mock you because you are foreign, I mock you because you are odd.
Co-Worker: Whatever; why would anyone go to this anyway?
Erin: This is a big deal! They have pins and everything! Like the Olympics!
Co-Worker: That's just mean! Do they at least wait until the end of the festival?!
Erin: WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
Co-Worker: The pins! Why would they pin the balloons?! What if someone is still in it?!
hysterical laughter
Erin: They are pins like you would wear on your shirt? They don't stick them in the balloons!
Co-Worker: Stop laughing at me! I'm foreign! STOP LAUGHING!

I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried...

6 comments:

AMANDAM said...

I don't understand why you have to make fun of foreigners like that. It seems really hurtful :)

Morgan Hagey said...

Foreigners are people too. Sheesh. :) HAHAHAH!

P.S. My word verification is "prebood" and I'm wondering what "Bood" is and then, what in the world could "pre-bood" be, and if there is a prebood is there a post-bood? My brain is going to explode.

BloggingBills said...

I'm technically a foreigner and I don't like the implication that we were raised under rocks.

Caves maybe, but only in mountainous regions of the Mid-East.

Apologize to all of us foreigners and Asians.

MA

My word verification is sagialit and I wonder if it's a disease.

MA again.

BloggingBills said...

Erin, you have the strangest experiences! Speaking of experiences, it was so great to have you and Isaac with this this past weekend. Thank you both for making the effort to be with us. It was a great time being together! Much love to you both!
-Dad

Watts said...

I am dieing of laughter. Seriously, that is the funnies thing I've heard in a while!

The Nelsen Family: said...

Hahahaha!