Friday, October 16, 2009

An Actual Conversation:

Yesterday, I was working with several students who had failed one of their exams and were preparing for their re-take (at my new job, failure isn't an option-you work until you pass. Whether you want to or not. :-) ).
In the course of this work I had the following conversation:

Me: Hi! I'm glad we are able to touch base before you retake the exam. Do you have any specific areas that you feel you need to focus on?
Student: Well, umm, pretty much all of it. I just didn't remember anything when I took the test.
Me: Okay, well then, let's talk about how you can improve your study habits, so you'll remember more of what you read.
Student: Read?
Me: Yes, so that when you read the textbook you'll be able to remember more of what you learn.
Student: Ummmm....what textbook?

I love being a teacher.