Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Dear Manufacturer of the "Permanent" Fabric Dye,

So. Apparently you and I have different definitions of "permanent". You see, for me that means "will not wash off, rub off or otherwise disappear". Except, your "permanent" dye actually did wash out, rub off and disappear. Now, my hands, sink and various kitchen utensils are dyed black-ish blue and I am hoping the non-permanance of your permanent dye extends to materials other than fabric. We'll see.

Also, while we are discussing the new colors of the various objects your dye came in contact with; I was under the impression that there was a rather universal understanding of the color "black". Apparently, I was wrong about that too-since the very thing I tried to dye permanently black today is now actually a lovely shade of violet and consistently bleeding copious amounts of blue-ish black dye which is dying everything it touches-EXCEPT THE FABRIC. Thanks for that. You stink.

Sincerely,
Erin

3 comments:

Morgan Hagey said...

Um. Why were you dying fabric? Just buy the right color and save yourself the pain, you goober. ;)

BloggingBills said...

What were you dye-ing?
MA

The Nelsen Family: said...

Haha...I mean, um, sorry. That stinks. It really does. But as always, your writing is quite funny.