Friday, January 15, 2010

Arizona is Trying to Kill Me: Part 3

Today, as I was driving home from the grocery store I saw two very large black birds sitting atop the power poles that line our apartment complex parking lot. I didn't think too much of this at first because there are quite a few large water birds that perch up there from time to time (taking a break from the pond below, I always assume) but as I looked more closely I realized these birds were not, in fact, large cranes. They were VULTURES. Giant, bald, red-headed vultures. Just sitting up there. Looking at me while I unloaded my groceries.

Not only is Arizona trying to kill me, but the vultures are already lying (well, sitting) in wait, ready to pounce...it's more than a little disturbing.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Hmm, good to be warned of more things to look out for. Hehe. By the way, we found a place to live and will be there very soon. I guess I should email you rather than post it in public...

Morgan Hagey said...

Ew. Remember the vultures in DC? GROSS!

MP Flory said...

You always make me laugh. Perhaps you've got some neighbors with an awful surprise in their trunk.

BloggingBills said...

Nae, I hear Vultures are good for dinner. Get Isaac on that! You're so funny! Love ya!

-Dad

Rocketgirl said...

I lived in AZ for 2 years and I can wholeheartedly say that the entire state plotted to kill me the entire time. The walk across campus to my car was 30 minutes and in 100+ temps, I could see the vultures circling. I think. I might have been delirious.