Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Year, New You. Part Two

A resolution is not a resolution without accountability and apparently people really like being accountable to nameless, faceless people on the internet. I say this because everyone and their grandmother is posting "Look at how well I did following my 600 resolutions". This is apparently how resolutions are done in the 21st century. Because I am a 21st century girl,I give you:

"How Erin Did Following Her New Year in A Week Resolutions"

1. Organize the apartment
I did quite well, thankyouverymuch. Closets, cabinets, under the bed, behind the couch, behind the dryer (Well, hello socks! I haven't seen you in months!) etc..etc..have now been purged, cleaned and organized. I should really be a professional organizer. It's a gift.

2. Do something about my hair which is out of control.
Done. Hair is short, no longer greying and no longer out of control. I also cannot eat for about 2 weeks because apparently having one's hair done now requires a small fortune and/or the promise of your first born to the cosmotology industry. As I am without a first born, I had to cough up the small fortune.

3. Read more.
I keep seeing lists of books people have read in the past year and lists of books people plan to read in the new year. I will spare you. But, since I was all motivated and stuff for a week, I read 7 books. And yes, that means I read a book a day. Feel free to be impressed.

4. Exercise regularly.
Done. I exercised 4 times this week. It's a miracle! And, since I have only resolutions that can be accomplished in a week, I am DONE. Whew. Hard work, that working out. Good thing I have 51 weeks to recover before I have to do it again.

5. Cook more meals at home.
Epic. Fail. Isaac and I just like to eat out. It's a curse. But, we gave it a shot and I'm sure we'll try again for the first week of 2011. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again and all that jazz...

So, there you have it! 2010 resolutions were, on the whole, a spectacular success. I can't wait for next year to try it all again!

5 comments:

The Wolford Family said...

Oh my goodness you are funny!! While I agree with the short term goals I think maybe you should now have a set for week 2!! it could be another WHOLE set of goals!! FUN FUN FUN!~~

Kathleen said...

I would love to know the 7 books....I'm always looking for a good read, especially one that you/Erin can get through in a day. I might be lucky to get through in a week or two!

Morgan Hagey said...

YAY! You did very well. I would like to see pics of the hairs. And haha Derek and I beat you. We ate at home more this week. YAY! We are awesome. In fact after tonight I will have cooked dinner at home 5 nights this week. Take THAT!

McEuens said...

1. Want to come organize our house? We need serious help. Serious.

2. You MUST MUST post pictures. I need to get rid of my gray, but I don't think they'd take my first born and I don't have a small fortune.

3. I am jealous. And impressed. :)

4. Good job! I need to clear the piles of stuff off my treadmill (see #1), and then I'll be right there with you.

5. Sigh. I like eating out way too much. though I do much less of it now that we have kids. But I seem to remember doing a lot of that when we were roommates. (e.g., "Maren, don't go to your guitar class. Come with us to Fizoli's instead.") ;)

The Nelsen Family: said...

Haha! Love it. Eating out is our weakness too. I just love it. So much.