Monday, March 22, 2010

I blame the Blob...

Today I went grocery shopping, as I do just about every Monday. Whilst grocery shopping I was overcome with the desire to eat macaroni and cheese. Not good macaroni and cheese, either. I wanted fake, from a box, made with radioactive orange cheese "sauce" powder macaroni and cheese.
This was, at first, rather distressing to me as I have never actually purchased or voluntarily eaten fake, from a box, radioactive orange cheese "sauce" powder macaroni and cheese. Nevertheless, it was all I could think about. Seriously, I was suddenly starving and all I wanted in the whole wide world was fake, from a box, radioactive orange cheese "sauce" powder macaroni and cheese. I gave in. It took 10 minutes to find the fake, from a box, radioactive, orange cheese "sauce" powder macaroni and cheese (did you know that it is not in the pasta aisle? Neither did I. It is in the same aisle as canned vegetables. I do not know why.). When I finally found fake, from a box, radioactive orange cheese "sauce" powder macaroni and cheese I was overcome with indecision. Turns out, there are approximately 10 million different kinds of fake, from a box, radioactive orange cheese "sauce" powder macaroni and cheese. I was positively paralyzed with indecision. Do I buy the 'original' version? The generic version? The organic version? The "whole grain" version? White Chedder? Spiral noodles? WHAT TO DO!??? Finally, I did the only logical thing. I bought 5 different kinds. Trust me, this made perfect sense at the time. Why wouldn't I buy 5 boxes of the macaroni and cheese?  Once I returned home, I "cooked" the "original" flavor. The 7 minutes it took for the noodles to boil were the longest 7 minutes in my life. And, may I say, it was the best lunch I've had in quite some time. I had the leftovers for dinner. And now, I am pretty sure I never want to eat fake, from a box, radioactive orange cheese "sauce" powder macaroni and cheese ever again. Do you think the grocery store will take the rest of the boxes back if I explain that the Blob made me do it?


P.S. I mean "Blob" with all the affection an expectant mother can muster. Really, I do. Don't call DCFS.

7 comments:

Morgan Hagey said...

HAHAHAH! I love it. Keep the boxes, the hankering might over-come you again. But I must say, EW! Powdered mac n chz tastes downright metallic to me, I don't know why. Ew. :) Yay Blob! And when you are feeling extra-affectionate you can refer to him as "Blobby Baby"

BloggingBills said...

You were "Herbie 2" because I looked like a VW bug whilst expecting. The craving I had with you was rice-a-roni (the San Francisco treat-- beef style) I cooked it and ate the whole box. Then threw up and have NEVER eaten it again in,um, 30 years.

You come by it naturally. Although I have never had a craving for the fake mac-n-cheeze

MA

The Wolford Family said...

UMMM I LOVED my cravings...Spicy Chicken from Wendy's Sour Patch Kids and Pizza Hut Bread Sticks - Although I must say when I was preg. with Michaela I HAD to have a hot dog (the last time I did that I was 11) and that was soooo good but I haven't had one since and never plan to!!!

Anna said...

So Erin, when do you get to find out the blobs gender????

Erin said...

Hi Anna! We can find out in about 6 weeks, but I don't know if we will...Isaac wants to and I am on the fence, so we'll see!

Lindsey said...

Oh the pregnancy cravings! They are such a strange thing. I craved baked potatoes and chocolate milk ALL THE TIME! Random, I know. :)

Erin said...

Oh my gosh, Lindsay, I have consumed gallons and gallons (okay, that might be an exageration, but A LOT) of chocolate milk! Love it. Have to have it all the time.