Monday, May 10, 2010

And so, I starve...

Yesterday, I made a rather large pan of cheesy chicken and noodles (which is also supposed to have broccoli in it, but because I really despise cooked broccoli, I never actually put the broccoli in) for our dinner (that we ate at 7:45 because church goes until 6pm, which means we don't get home until 6:30 or later...I hate our church time). We ate. It was lovely. I was thinking how happy I would be today because of all the lovely cheesy chicken and noodles left-overs that I would have for lunch...mmmmm left-overs.

Tragically, there will be no left-overs.

Why, you ask? Because I forgot to put the left-overs in the fridge. Instead, said left-overs sat on the stove all night long and became a congealed blob of disgusting-ness. Tragic, I tell you. And, to make matters worse, all night I kept feeling like I was forgetting something (which, clearly, I was) but could not figure out what that "something" might be. Until this morning. When I made breakfast. And saw the congealed blob of disgusting-ness sitting on the stove. And cried just a little.

I died a little as I scraped it out of the pan and into the trash.Good-bye, lunch! So, now, I starve. Well, at least until I gather the strength to go make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. My life is truly so, so hard.

4 comments:

Morgan Hagey said...

I hate it when I do that! HATE IT! And with pregnancy it happens too often. So sorry!

The Wolford Family said...

It's called pregnancy brain. I usually forgot if I washed my hair in the shower... Sorry!!!

McEuens said...

I hate it when that happens, and I can't even always blame it on pregnancy. And 3pm church? Seriously?! I thought 1pm church was bad.

Heidi said...

I found your blog from my friend, Nathaly's blog. You are such a funny writer! I've been very entertained.

I must sympathize with you about the ruined food. Sadly, I've done the same thing. I wish I could blame it on a pregnant brain, but unfortunately, I'll have to take full credit!