Wednesday, July 16, 2008

In-N-Out is OUT

So. Isaac and I are working really hard to not eat out as much. We are big eaters out. Well, let me re-phrase. I am a big eater of resturant food. Isaac just likes food. Anyway, we've been trying not to eat out as much and have been doing really well so we celebrated by... eating out. I know. I know. But nobody is perfect. The road to recovery is full of potholes. At least we have admitted we have a problem. :-)
Anyway-we went out to eat at In-N-Out Burger. Isaac had never been and I went once a really long time ago (remember Maren, Krystal and Morgan? The drive thru in LA? In Maren's parents car?) ANYWAY. I didn't remember if I liked it or not, but I told Isaac it was super popular, so it must be good. So we went. IT WASN'T. That's right. IN-N-OUT Burger STINKS. Well, at least it stinks here. Maybe it's because it is out of its normal habitat. I don't know, but it was NOT GOOD. I was super depressed. Our rare, and getting rarer, eating out event and it wasn't even good. TRAGIC. From now on, when we go out, we are going places I know I like. Then our eating out experience won't be wasted on chalky french fries and rubbery hamburgers.
Harumph.

5 comments:

The Nelsen Family: said...

What? WHAT!?!?! This is crazy talk...it must be a bad In-N-Out. Which one is it? I've been to one in Mesa that was fine and normal...sad sad sad.

BloggingBills said...

In and out Burger is wonderful, you must be insane not to like it.

Emily said...

I'm actually married to someone who doesn't love In-N-Out. He prefers Fat Burger, and if you have one nearby it's worth it just for the shakes. Seriously. Go for a chocolate shake. Anyway, I think if you didn't spend your entire high school career hanging out at In-N-Out it's not the same. Half of the joy is in the memory and tradition. Incidentally, I think the taste is greatly improved by the grilled onions, though you'll stink for a while. And yes the fries are different, because they actually cut the potatoes right there. They're fresh, and we're all used to frozen fries. If you go through the drive-thru you'll see the potatoes going through the presser thing. Those employees must have strong arms. So it might be worth trying again. Just remember that it's different. :)

Morgan Hagey said...

Dear Mangum Girls- Please don't lynch me, but I do not like IN-N-OUT either! AHHH!

BloggingBills said...

In-N-Out is kind of like Whataburger in Texas. You might have liked it as a child, but when you grew up you gave away childish drive-ins and decided that if you want to spend money on a burger you go to Astro Burger.