Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The New Job

Actual conversation with Erin's Co-Worker/Trainer at the New Job:

Erin: Something is very wrong here. These files don't match up.
Coworker: No, I know it seems weird, but that's how we do things.
Erin: Okay
...2 somewhat frustrating HOURS later...
Erin: SOMETHING IS VERY WRONG HERE!
Coworker: OH! You're right! That's the wrong file! I must have given you the wrong one! How'd that happen?! No wonder it wasn't working earlier!

I had to leave. That's right. I left. I had to. I was going to explode. I felt better after eating McNuggets. McNuggets can fix anything.

2 comments:

BloggingBills said...

I would have had to leave too sister! Sometimes at my job I have to go sit in the office and do "paperwork" because otherwise small children will disappear.. or i will yell and scream which is NOT okay at my job. So I fell for you. By the way Isaac you are very strange... and in defense of the female gender, often times conversations about a blog post are asking for clarification and or more details. However as you have now posted twice... I am suspecting that blogging like many other things in your life (The Notebook) you feel that you shouldn't like them so you act as if you don't though secretly you love them... Anyway... enough of that tangent.
Love
Kelsey
P.S. I am getting married! I know that you know this fact but I am not sure that my brain has grasped the concept so I am working on getting my head around it.

BloggingBills said...

Okay 2 Montagues and no mastiff:

If you continue to post to the blog, I need some pictures.

Sorry work sucks Erin. Seems like most forms of education, public or non-public suffer from the 'let's hire the worst person for the cheapest amount of money." Then when they hire you, who is NOT the worst person, but who can spot a 'worst' a mile away, you are set up for frustration.

Sorry babe.

Love ya,
Ma