Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Quick Observation

As a geographer and someone who has a "Y" chromosome, I have a bit more spatial and overall observation skills than usual. If you don't believe me, read some of the studies on spatial observation-apparently men and geographers are especially gifted in this area. Before I get to far, I should explain why I was thinking about this.
Erin got a new toy this past week; a wireless router. Now, she can sit on the couch and "do stuff for work". This is the female code phrase for look at blogs (my previous post will help new readers to begin to understand my philosophy on the blog). Anyway, as Erin was "working" I was pondering on the blogging world again-mostly because Wipe Out was over and there was nothing else on.
This is what I observed: People have set-up millions of blogs so their loved ones and friends can easily see what is going on in their lives. My interesting observation was that many people write a blog entry, then people call the people who read the blog to find out if their friends and family saw what was on the blog. Question: Why do you have the blog if you are just going to call people to see if they saw what was on the blog? This seems counter intuitive to me. So there.
Well, don't forget to tell all your friends about this blog. The more the merrier. Yes, I am begging for more visitors.

5 comments:

April said...

Isaac you sure do have a point. I guess they want to make sure people are reading their blogs. Although if people would just leave a comment each time they would know. So that is what I am doing. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

April said...

Isaac can you email me your new address or call me with it.

BloggingBills said...

I was going to leave a comment but then I thought, why not just call?
-Kent

Morgan Hagey said...

Sarah calls me all the time and we say, "Did you see the blog?" So, sorry, that is just the way it is.

Emily said...

Hey Y chromosome person: You're getting sucked in. Haha. Love your entries.