Wednesday, October 8, 2008

If I....

lived in Alaska, or was independently wealthy and therefore had the means to travel at will, I would be in Palmer (Alaska, of course!) tonight. Why? Because tonight is the first ever, (and probably last) Palmer Potato Pageant! That's right. A pageant for potatoes! But, not just any potato can be in this pageant. No, this pageant's for the ugliest potatos you can find! Your average, round, grocery store potato need not apply!

Apparently, 2008 is 'The Year of the Potato' (I wish I knew who decides things like that-I have a couple of suggestions, like "The Year of Giving Erin $1,000,000" or "The Year of Traveling for Free!") and Bill Campbell (an agronomist in Palmer) is celebrating by organizing the Palmer Potato Pageant. I wish I had a really ugly potato and the means to enter it in this pageant, because I really feel that this is one pageant I would really rock.

2 comments:

BloggingBills said...

Okay, can you enter the Palmer Potato Pageant (alliteration is for people who can't rhyme) and enter a potato that was stuck in the bottom of the pantry since 2005? I'm housekeeper of the year!

Now that's an ugly potato!

MA

Alisa said...

hahaha. I love it. I'd like to see a beauty pageant for women who aren't beautiful grocery store types!