Monday, December 15, 2008

Dear Arizona Drivers,

That stuff falling from the sky is RAIN. It is NOT the apocalypse. The sky is NOT falling down. I promise. There is no need to slow down to 15 mph on the freeway. Please, trust me. You can still drive the speed limit. Or close to it. I'd settle for 50mph, but 15mph is an invitation for me to get out of my car and beat you a little bit with sticks. I am pretty sure I could catch you if I walk at a brisk pace.

On a related note: to the driver of the black Audi who thought he was 'too cool' to follow the flow of traffic. You got what you deserved. I wanted to go faster too, but I am not stupid enough to think that wanting to go fast was the same as having the power to part the traffic like Moses parted the Red Sea. If you think that you can drive 90 mph whilst weaving in and out of traffic, you deserve to spin out and hit the median when you are forced to slam on your brakes because every lane of traffic comes to a complete stop (please see memo above). I laughed at you a little bit. What an idiot.

Sincerly,
Erin

4 comments:

Brian and Kelsey said...

Bad driviing day huh?

Erin said...

Yes, just a little bit. :-)

Morgan Hagey said...

I hear you. Vegas is just as bad.

BloggingBills said...

Ha we win! SR 92 was a parking lot, as the the freeway and we took the frontage road home. In 10 minutes a tiny snow fall became a raging blizzard. The people at the school's comments, "Well this year we have no babies in cars!" (Last year one of our pregnant teachers almost died because she was stranded on SR 92 in a blizzard. The same blizzard that took Dennis and Kent til midnight to get me home.

But I feel your pain!

MA