Monday, February 4, 2008

I am slow..but I get there in the end.

So, Kara tagged me a few days ago and I am just now getting to it. As I am rather slow, it took me a little while to figure out what being 'tagged' meant. Anywho-here goes...

10 years ago...Ten years ago I was a senior in high school and had, in February, just found out that my stake president had lost my recommendation form for BYU and my application was going to be significantly late. I was not a happy camper. It all worked out in the end though. Let's see.... I also didn't have class on Fridays, which was nice. My senior year was not very exciting.

5 Things on my To-Do List Today...1. Email our school's webmaster...sigh. 2. Prepare lessons for a sub for next week. 3. Go grocery shopping 4. Finish grading AP tests. 5. Fill out financial aid forms for flight school....double sigh.

5 Snacks I Enjoy...1. Oreos. 2. Ice cream. 3. Dots (the candy). 4. Cracker Barrel biscuits. 5. Baked Lay's potato chips (seriously, these are so much better than regular potato chips)

5 Places I Have Lived... 1. Provo, Utah 2. Germantown, Maryland 3. Wausau, Wisconsin. 4. Mission Viejo, California. 5. Wichita, Kansas

5 Jobs I've Had... 1. Teacher 2. Hotel Front Desk Clerk 3. Tutor 4. Test Question evaluator (a totally random, but rather interesting, job) 5. Queen of Everything at Odyssey Recreational Learning. If you don't believe me, I can show you my business cards. (my parents own the company and let me decide my own job title. Everyone called me the Office Nazi, though. That hurt.)

5 Things People Don't Know About Me...I have no idea. My life is an open book...let me think...Ok, here goes. 1. When I started at BYU I was a microbiology major and wanted to go to medical school but by the time I graduated I had declared 11 different majors. 2. I was 'associate of the month', after working for 1 month at a summer job at Sam's Club. I was only there for 2 months. They loved me there. 3. I really like winter. 4. I, apparently, knew I would marry Isaac when I was 12. It's amazing what one reads in one's old journals! 5. From about the age of 5 until my junior year of high school I wanted to be the pilot of the space shuttle. I found out my junior year, as I was applying to the Air Force Academy, that my eye sight was too bad (by the tiniest little bit) to fly jets-which one has to do if one wants to fly the space shuttle. The day the dream died was a dark day in my life. Really. I was heartbroken.

4 comments:

McEuens said...

Oh, Erin. You make me laugh. I enjoyed your phone call the other night. Oh wait, there was no phone call... :(

The Nelsen Family: said...

I enjoyed reading that Erin, I learned a lot about you. And like Maren, it made me laugh...I could hear your voice in the writing. Hmmm, there's probably some technical term for that but I've just long forgotten it...

Morgan Hagey said...

Erin, I knew all five of those. And you didn't tag anyone.

Erin said...

I told you. My life is an open book. Also, I don't know anyone to tag. Everyone I know has already done this.