Tuesday, February 12, 2008

It's time for a revolution!

Here I am. All by myself in the great Republic of Texas. Well, not really by myself, because I came with three other people from my school. I am all by myself in my room because I didn't want to eat dinner poised precariously on top of a pointy tower. More on that later. Since I am basically alone and I don't really have much else to do, I am perusing the "news" online. And, I am once again reminded that most news stories aren't really news at all. For example I just read the headline, "Beagle scores Westminster first". Now, I should tell you, this headline can be found on a respectable new organization's homepage. A beagle and a dog show. On what amounts to the front page. Of all the things to put on the front page! I had to search around for election results, but I can tell you what won the Westminster dog show with no effort at all! Good Grief.
Now, I am positive I am not the only person who is incredibly annoyed by the trivia of the "news" so I propose we do something about it!
Thinking humans UNITE!!
It will be our own little revolution. Of course, I have absolutely no idea what we'll actually do about trivia and nonsense being passed off as news. All I know is that people with a group identity tend to be taken more seriously than one lone person. One lone person is a lunatic. A group of lunatics is a cause. Who's with me?!

1 comment:

Morgan Hagey said...

There is nothing wrong with knowing who won Westminster. :) Hee hee. Thanks for visiting me!