Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Progress...

It is official! We have finally settled on a flight school! This means that Isaac will be leaving for Arizona the first week of April. He is looking forward to finishing his flight training, and it is an added bonus that the weather is so nice in Arizona! :-) I, tragically, will be staying here until at least the end of the school year. After that, I'll move as soon as I have a job offer. So exciting! Isaac should, barring death or other disaster, finish his program in August. WOOHOO! In other news-the trip to Texas was quite a success. The highlight of the adventure was seeing Morgan and Henry. Morgan has the kindest in-laws who graciously shared their limited time with Morgan and their grandkids with me. It was a lovely time. Henry is getting so big! The poor kid did try to put an entire piece of bread in his mouth and, despite my dire warnings of impending disaster, kept shoving it in while saying something about being "big enough for big bread"-it was hard to tell what he was saying around all the bread. This, as you probably guessed, ended badly for the little guy. It was not, however, the disaster Morgan made it out to be on her blog. He and Spencer are adorable! Not great sleepers, but adorable. :-)
And last among the progress updates (and most irrelevant to the rest of the post, not that there was an identifiable or unifing theme before, but whatever.), the quilt that has been in progress for nearly a year is finally finished! A word of advice: If you ever feel compelled to sew a quilt entirely by hand, make sure you have a significant block of uninterrupted time to work on said quilt-if you only work on it when you 'have time' it might end up taking you a year to finish. Just a thought.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Thats so exciting! Congratulations on your news and your quilt! I am so impressed that you kept with it for that long. I want to see a picture of it!

Anna said...

Congratulations Erin!! That is exciting!!! Your quilt story sounds like my "quilt"story. I have been making Mike a blanket for his birthday for 5 years, its sad really, I'm just not sure how to do the next step...I guess I should have his mom help me. Its a blanket made out of old jeans and then a flannel back and then I will tie it, so far I have the jean layer finished. Do you remember when we, by we I mean you, sewed our halloween witch costumes, by the time Tricia finished her its was like 10pm on halloween. Do you still have yours? I no longer have mine.

Watts said...

Hey Erin, Congrats on Arizona! What a fun new adventure... now if only my husband and I could agree on some place else we would like to live...how do you make a So. Cal boy want to live in the cold midwest? (Really Utah is nice, but I wouldn't mind a change)

Krystal