Sunday, January 20, 2008

Church makes me tired...

Isaac and I teach the CTR 7 class at church. Apparently, as we were informed when we were asked to teach them, this class had the reputation of being one of 'those' classes. It's been a couple of weeks and I haven't seen any of the behaviors that would indicate that this class was any different than other six year olds. We even had a good lesson today. Until sharing time. During sharing time, I almost sat on a child. On purpose. It seemed to me to be a good way to get this child to stay put and to stop smacking the kid next to him, since I couldn't move between them because I was already sitting between two who could not handle sitting together. I spent all of singing and sharing time reminding the darlings that we had talked about making good choices and they were not making good choices by throwing things at the class behind us, or sliding out of their seats until the bottoms of their dresses were over their heads. This seems to be a favorite passtime of the six year old girls. I think we need to have a lesson about modesty. Isaac was literally holding onto a child's arm to prevent him from punching the arm of the boy sitting next to him. We moved the boy. The boy took this as an invitation to punch Isaac in the arm. One look from Isaac ended that. I wonder how he does that? As they prepared to leave, one of them looked at me and said "I'm sorry I didn't make good choices today." and then skipped out the door. Maybe they are learning something after all.

5 comments:

Morgan Hagey said...

Did you say to that child, "You're sorry? YOU'RE SORRY??? No, I am the one who is sorry that I had to put up with your CRAP!!!!"

That is what I would have said.

McEuens said...

That would have been very entertaining to watch....So...are you going to call me back?

Erin said...

Hello again Maren! Yes, I am going to call you back, just as soon as my phone isn't dead.
Morgan-I wanted to say that, believe me I did. It didn't seem appropriate somehow.

Emily said...

I seriously know exactly what you are talking about! No wonder I'm always tired after church! I'm with Maren... I would have loved to watch this "escapade"

Lindsey said...

Don't you just love primary callings!?! That is so funny!