Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I am a total nerd...

YIPPEE!!!!!!!! I just received my fancy-schmancy (actually, it was just an email) invitation to the AP World History Reading. It is a fairly big deal to be invited to this and so, yes, I am going to brag a little bit:
Yea Me! :-)
Bragging over.
I know that you are thinking, "What the heck is the AP World History Reading and why does this matter?" Well, dear reader, I will tell you. In fact, I will tell you what it is even if you weren't wondering. It is a week in June when a whole bunch of AP teachers and college professors get together and read/score the AP World History exam essays. I know; it doesn't sound like the most exciting time in the universe. And really, reading the exams is not the good part. The good part is that every major world historian comes to this event and this gives one an opportunity to meet and talk with these people. These are the historians one wants to meet and talk to if one ever wants to help edit a textbook, or present at a seminar. And I get to go. The fact that I am excited about this just shows what a giant nerd I really am. But I don't care! Heehee. It is also nice because I get paid to be there. :-) The only tragic part about all of this is that I have to go to Colorado. The AP language teachers get to go to Daytona Beach. I don't know how the poor history teachers ended up in Colorado when a lovely beach was an option, but I am glad that I am not one of the groups that is going to Nebraska. That would be very unappealing.
YIPPEE FOR ME!!!! (Sorry, that just slipped out. I promise I am done :-) )

7 comments:

Emily said...

How exciting!! Congratulations! That is totally right up your alley.

Anna said...

Congratulations!!! Do you get to take your husband with you?

Morgan Hagey said...

Yay, that'll be...fun?? I'm sure it will be.

Morgan Hagey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

Thank you all!
Isaac can come, but I am pretty sure he doesn't want to. His reaction was, "Congratulations! Why would you want to do that again?" So I'm thinking that spending a week in Colorado isn't super appealing for him. :-)

Lindsey said...

Congratulations Erin! How exciting for you. I hope you have fun!

The Nelsen Family: said...

Congrats, that's awesome! As someone who always thought being an AP teacher would be great, I understand being excited. :)