Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Introduction

Hello all!
We've finally joined the 21st century and created a blog. Well, by 'we', I mean 'me'. Even though I'm doing the typing, it is supposed to be about all of us. Isaac is currently working on our full website, and when that it finished, it will host our blog! Everything to do with creating the website is totally over my head, so I'll leave that part to him. This is a 'blog for dummies' and that suits me just fine!
As for what we are up to these days, here's the quick summary:
Me: I am teaching full time at a local high school. I teach AP World History and Debate. In addition to my teaching, I coordinate a school wide Academy program (I assume you, dear reader, are not interested in the details of what a high school Academy is. If that assumption is misguided, let me know and I'll explain. ;-) ). I also attend school part-time, working towards adding an ESL endorsement to my teaching license.
Isaac: Finished his private helicopter pilot training and will start his commercial, fixed wing pilot training this spring. In the meantime he substitutes in my district and keeps his computer skills up to date (can't let that degree go to waste!) He is also in charge of most 'dog' care in the house. He and Clancy are joined at the hip-especially since Clancy is just tall enough to connect at the hip!

8 comments:

McEuens said...

Erin! So good to hear from you. It has been ages! (Completely my fault.) I really need to call you.... I look forward to reading your blog.

Morgan Hagey said...

Yay! Welcome to the trendy-ness. Hey, go to my blog, and then go to Anna's and let her know you have a blog. She was asking me about you. :)

Erin said...

YAY! Hi Maren! I'm glad you visited!
Will do Morgan :-)

The Wolford Family said...

WElcome erin I hope you enjoy the obsession that will become...your BLOG!!! HA HA HA!!!!

Anna said...

Welcome to the life of blogging!!! I'm glad you left a comment on my blog!! Your dog is huge! Its nice to see that you are doing well. I'll post a link to your blog from mine.

Lindsey said...

Erin!! Yea! It has been so long! I am so glad you have a blog now so we can keep in touch better.

Leanne said...

that dog is BIG. real big. but i think i could walk him if we saddled him up and put a bit in his mouth :0)

Erin said...

Hi Leanne! I think that you (given your small stature) might actually be able to ride him! :-)