Friday, January 18, 2008

Too cute...

After yesterday's blog I bet ya'll think I have unhappy feelings towards my job. I don't! Most days I really like my job. Teenagers are funny. Case in point: I recently had the following conversation with one of my debate students during a discussion of the presidential candidates:

Me: I think that if _______is our next president, I will have to move to Canada.

Student (VERY earnestly): OH! You could live in Mexico with my grandma! She'd let you.

Me: I'll keep that in mind.

Student: No, really! She'd let you!

I thought it was very kind of him to offer his grandmother as my host and didn't feel that it would have been productive to remind him that the primary appeal of Canada is that Candadians speak English!


I also recently had a conversation with one of the students Isaac was tutoring-she was helping me find his classroom so I could wait while he finished up after school.

Me: So, how do you like Mr. Montague?

Girl: OH! HE is the BEST!

Me: That's good to hear.

Girl: So, who are you anyway?

Me: I'm Mr. Montague's wife.

Girl (very sad): Oh. So he IS married.

It must be very hard to be a 12 year old, seventh grader. :-) Who knew Isaac was such a heartbreaker?

3 comments:

Morgan Hagey said...

HAHAH! That's a real bummer that a 12 year old is in love with your husband.

And who exactly would cause you to move to canada? Ron Paul? Don't worry, he won't win anyway.

Anna said...

That really is hilarious!!! You totally broke a 12 year old heart!!! :) Do you guys ever get back to WI?

Emily said...

Oh my gosh!! It must be a "MR. Montague" thing. I swear I've had that conversation before (different brother obviously). Am I evil for laughing on the inside?