Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Happy days are here again!

When last I left you, dear readers, things must have seemed pretty...bleak. I apologize if my negativity brought anyone else down into grumpiness.
In the days since Monday (Dark, evil Monday) the grumpiness has dissipated. One reason for my new, more sunny, outlook is that all the 'calling people I don't know' (one of several things I 'hated' on Monday) paid off! Several of the places I have contacted about jobs have replied! Yippee! One, in particular, would be incredibly interesting. I will say no more, for fear of jinxing myself, but if you find yourself with a few free moments in the days to come, do please send 'good luck' vibes out into the universe for me! And, while you're at it, throw in a few for Isaac since we are quickly approaching his return to flight school! The countdown continues-28 days until we leave for Arizona. Isaac is dutifully studying his textbooks and watching the flight school instructional videos, sent to him by ATP and is sooooo excited to get started. I get to hear all about wind patterns and VFR conditions these days. It is actually pretty interesting-I'm vicariously learning all sorts of stuff I never knew I didn't know!
And, in totally unrelated news-I have started another quilt. After working on the first one for so long, it felt weird to have 'nothing' to do. So, I got some new fabric (various shades of red, cream and light brown-so pretty) and have started a "Log Cabin" style quilt. Maybe this one won't take a year!

4 comments:

McEuens said...

I am very happy you are happier. (Though I must admit that I find your unhappy posts endlessly entertaining.) Good luck to you and to Isaac!

Morgan Hagey said...

Um, are you going too? I mean in April?? Or are you finishing out the year? I should call you.

Erin said...

We are driving down together and I am flying back to finish teaching. Sigh. I wish I was going right now.

Anna said...

I made our blog private but would still love for you to be able to see it so email me your email address at blogprivate@gmail.com so I can invite you