Thursday, March 27, 2008

One Week and Counting...

Well, in exactly one week we will be on our way to Arizona. We'll drive down and then I'll fly back on Sunday so I can finish teaching for the year. Isaac is so excited! I think it will be a fantastic experience for him, although I wish that I didn't have to stay here for a few months while he is away! I am looking forward to officially having a job lined up so that I can plan a more permanent move.
In other news, Isaac has almost finished completely digitizing our family history files! My parents have quite a few written and taped personal histories of various ancestors and he has spent the last couple of weeks scanning and converting them to digital files. It is so cool to be able to have all our Books of Rememberence and such in one computer file. My mom even has some tapes of interviews she did with her grandparents and great-grandparents that we now have as digital files on the computer! We've spent quite a lot of time (Isaac more than I) at the downtown Family History Library filling in the gaps in the information we have. I wouldn't quite say it is nearly "done," but we've made a lot of progress.
Also very exciting was our dinner with our friends Krisy and Dan (and her fantastic parents) last night! It was so fun to get together and visit for a little while, since it has been a couple of years since we were all in the same state. It is just not the same keeping in touch only through the phone and email!
In less exciting news, (but in keeping with our tradition of talking about Clancy like he is a person) Clancy had a doctor's appointment today because he developed a really pronounced limp in his front legs last week and we found out that he has early onset osteo-arthritis! Poor thing! It is not good, especially since it is in his front and back legs already. He has some medicine now that the vet says should help quite a bit, but it is really sad to watch him move around when he is obviously in pain. I hope the medicine helps soon.

No comments: