Monday, March 10, 2008

It's A Small World After All...

You know that game "6 degrees to Kevin Bacon" where you try to connect celebrities to a Kevin Bacon movie? I suck at it. But, that is irrelevant. The point here is that the world is a small, small place. Also, dangerous. Case in point: Caleb is dating this girl...we'll call her Mary. Mary goes to the high school where I teach. Caleb also has a friend...Suzie. Suzie is the daughter of a woman (Martha) I work with here at my high school. Suzie goes to Caleb's high school, but Suzie know's Mary(who goes to the high school where I teach) . Turns out Mary is taking a class from my friend, Martha, (mother of Suzie). And Suzie is in two classes with Caleb. Caleb tells Suzie all about Mary during class. Suzie tells her mother (Martha) all about Caleb and Mary. Suzie's mother comes to me and says "OH MY GOSH! Mary is DARLING! I bet Caleb and Mary are SOOOO cute together!" I laugh. Mary then goes to Martha's class and Martha, innocently, says, "How's Caleb!?". Mary is MORTIFIED that her teacher knows her boyfriend, sort of. Mary tells Caleb that Martha asked about him and now I am in trouble with Caleb for talking to Martha and Mary. Which I haven't. Martha has talked to Mary and to me, but I have initiated none of these conversations. Nevertheless, all this talking is my fault and I am in trouble. Suzie is also mad at her mother for talking to Mary and I about what Mary told Suzie and what Suzie now told her mother. We are both in trouble. Sigh. Cue the circus music...

5 comments:

Anna said...

That is funny, and I was actually able to follow the who's who. I'm sorry you got in trouble for something that is clearly not your fault.... don't you hate that?

Morgan Hagey said...

Who the heck is Caleb dating?

Watts said...

Ah, teenage love. I remember hating the whole drama triangle and being worried about people talking about us, or the other person finding out we were talking about it. I can't even believe our siblings are old enough to date in the first place. Weren't we just freshman at BYU together like last week? Okay we need to have you guys over for dinner before you move! Or we could meet in the middle, like the Cheesecake factory.

Erin said...

Anaa-I really do!
Morgan-Did you not read the post? Caleb is dating Mary.
Krystal-I wholeheartedly support any and all get-togethers! Especially when they involve food! :-) How will we arrange this?

Watts said...

Well, I think I might have your email address somewhere. I will look. Otherwise email Anna at whatever that address she posted on her old blog. She will forward it on to me. :)